Articles and Poster Presentation
- MacLeod Dyess S. Prestia A., Levene R., Gonzalez F. An Interdisciplinary Framework for Palliative and Hospice Education and Practice
- Gundersen E (2013, June). Hospice Management of Opioid-Induced Bowel Dysfunction. Poster presented on Research Day at JFK Medical Center, Atlantis Florida.
- Antoni C, Silverman MA, Nasr SZ, Mandi D, Golden AG. Providing support through life's final chapter for those who made it home. Mil Med. 2012 Dec;177(12):1498-501. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23397695
- Babinsky E, Levene RS. Multisystem atrophy made worse by lithium treatment in a hospice patient: a case report. Am J Hosp Palliat Care. 2012 Nov;29(7):570-3. doi: 10.1177/1049909111434633. Epub 2012 Feb 23. PubMed (Please insert this link for PubMed) http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=Multisystem+Atrophy+Made+Worse+by+Lithium+Treatment+in+a+Hospice+Patient%3A+A+Case+Report&TransSchema=title&cmd=detailssearch
- Malayev Y, Levene R, Gonzalez F. Palliative chemotherapy for malignant ascites secondary to ovarian cancer. Am J Hosp Palliat Care. 2012 Nov;29(7):515-21. doi: 10.1177/1049909111434044. Epub 2012 Feb 23.
- Cuevas-Trisan RL. Chronic Pain Management: Challenges with the Use of Routine Opioids. Fed Pract 2012; Sept: 19S-23S.
- Gonzalez F, Galante M. Feigning terminal illness to get narcotics: a cautionary tale for hospices. Am J Hosp Palliat Care. 2012 Aug;29(5):399-400. doi: 10.1177/1049909111418780. Epub 2011 Aug 25.
- Golden AG, Silverman MA, Mintzer MJ. Is geriatric medicine terminally ill? Ann Intern Med. 2012 May 1;156(9):654-6. doi: 10.7326/0003-4819-156-9-201205010-00009. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22547474
- Silverman M, The medical assessment of the older psychiatric patient. In Textbook of Principles and Practice of Geriatric Psychiatry. 2nd Edition, 2011. Lippincott Williams & Williams. M. Agronin editor. In Press
- Cuevas-Trisan RL. Usos de la Toxina Botulínica en Sindromes de Dolor Miofascial. In: Micheli F, Dressler D. Toxina Botulínica: Nuevas Indicaciones Terapeúticas. 1st. Ed. Buenos Aires: Médica Panamericana, 2010. Ch. 19: p.261-269.
- Gonzalez F. Obstructive uropathy caused by fecal impaction: report of 2 cases and discussion. Am J Hosp Palliat Care. 2010 Dec;27(8):557-9. doi: 10.1177/1049909110367784. Epub 2010 Apr 15. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20395636
- Miller, M F (2010, May). Growing Together: Therapeutic Gardening Programs Transform VA Community Living Centers. Poster presented at 10th National Symposium of VA Cultural Transformation Initiatives. Kansas City, Missouri.
- Golden AG, van Zuilen MH, Mintzer MJ, Issenberg SB, Silverman MA, Roos BA. A fourth-year medical school clerkship that addressed negative attitudes toward geriatric medicine. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2010 Apr;58(4):746-50. doi: 10.1111/j.1532-5415.2010.02774.x. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20398156
- Golden AG, Roos BA, Silverman MA, Beers MH. Home and community-based Medicaid options for dependent older Floridians. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2010 Feb;58(2):371-6. doi: 10.1111/j.1532-5415.2009.02668.x. Epub 2010 Jan 8. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20070419
- Gonzalez F. Diphenhydramine may be useful as a palliative treatment for patients dying with Parkinson's disease and tremors: a case report and discussion. Am J Hosp Palliat Care. 2009 Dec-2010 Jan;26(6):474-5. doi: 10.1177/1049909109338937. Epub 2009 Aug 21. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19700649
- Gonzalez F, Gates C. Acute Mental Status Changes in Two Patients Taking Capecitabine: A Case Report. Clinical Geriatrics. August 2009; 17(8): 20-22. http://www.clinicalgeriatrics.com/articles/Acute-Mental-Status-Changes-Two-Patients-Taking-Capecitabine-A-Case-Report#sthash.wm1ITXB5.dpuf
- Zaida Albarracin Health Care Workers' Knowledge, Attitudes, and Beliefs Related to COVID-19 in Palliative Medicine and Hospice Care. Epub 28 Dec 2020 https://www.liebertpub.com/doi/10.1089/pmr.2020.0115
- Cuevas-Trisan RL. Evaluation and Management of Chronic Pain Patients. Pain Awareness Week Lecture Series, WPB VAMC, FL. September 2012.
- Abernathy, B.E. The Family Bears the Scars: Helping Families Who Have a Child with Life-Threatening or Criticla Illness. American Counseling Association, Francisco, CA. March 2012.
- Cooney G. Physician Billing & Coding Update Webinar, American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine. 2011
- Abernathy, B.E. Cancer in the Media. Florida Society of Oncology Social Workers, Ft. Lauderdale, FL. October 2011.
- Cuevas-Trisan RL. Evaluation and Management of Post-Stroke Spasticity. PM&R Service Core Lecture Series, San Juan VAMC - (via teleconference), September 2011.
- Cuevas-Trisan RL. Botulinum Toxins for the management of Low Back Pain Syndromes. 3nd Latin American Symposium on Neurotoxins (SymTox III), São Paulo, Brazil, September 2011.
- Cuevas-Trisan RL. Botulinum Toxins for the management of Osteoarticular Pain Syndromes. 3nd Latin American Symposium on Neurotoxins (SymTox III), São Paulo, Brazil, September 2011.
- Cuevas-Trisan RL. Neurotoxins Update: Experience with New Indications and New Molecules. FL Academy of Pain Medicine/FL Society of PM&R/American Academy of Regenerative Orthopedic Medicine Annual Meeting, WPB, FL. August 2011.
- Cuevas-Trisan RL. Botulinum Toxins for the management of UpperLimb Spasticity. PVA Annual Meeting (Product Theater), Las Vegas, NV. August 2011.
- Abernathy, B.E. How Did You Know? Using Family Diagnosis Narratives to Identify Strengths & Promote Resilience. Association of Pediatric Oncology Social Workers, Atlanta, GA. May 2011.
- Cuevas-Trisan RL. Management of Spasticity Talk and Hands-on Workshop. 6th ISPRM World Congress, 6/12/11, San Juan, PR. June 2011.
- Cuevas-Trisan RL. Evaluation and Management of common musculoskeletal problems. UM/FAU/WPB VA Internal Medicine Residency Program, WPB, FL. August 2011.
- Cuevas-Trisan RL. Lumbar Spinal Stenosis. 3rd Annual VA Care Enhancement Symposium (Geriatrics), WPB, FL. September 2010.
- Abernathy, B.E. Cancer Identity and Survivorship. Biennial Cancer Survivorship Research Conference, Washington DC. June 2010.
- Cuevas-Trisan RL. Low Back Pain: Evaluation and Management Principles. UM/FAU/WPB VA Internal Medicine Residency Program, WPB, FL. April 2010.
Chief Medical Officer of hospice services, Faustino Gonzalez, MD, FACP, FAAHPM (far left) and Director of Medical Education, Richard Levene DO (far right) with graduating fellows: Amy Farbman, DO and Cyrus Meshkin MD. Dr. Farbman will be joining Trustbridge hospice serves as an Associate Medical Director and Dr. Meshkin will be teaching hospice and palliative care at Jackson Memorial. Congratulations to them!
Dr. Levene and Dr. Gundersen
Elizabeth Gundersen, MD pictured with Ramesh Roshan, Dr. Levene, and Dr. Gonzalez
Dr. Gonzalez, Dr. Eichler and Dr. Morales
Dr. Eichler and Dr. Morales
The Fellowship Program is grateful to the Trustbridge Hospice Foundation, Inc., and the Alice Busch Gronewalt Fund B, which is a donor advised fund administered through Palm Health Foundation.